Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Quick Update due to slacking off on here recently

I have been slacking on all my blogs so thought I better get caught up :) So here's how things have been going with geocaching.....

I have 119 finds
        98 traditionals
        2 muticache
        1 virtual cache
        12 event caches
             10 regular events
             1 cache in trash out event
             1 lost and found celebration
        3 unknown/puzzle caches
        2 earth caches
        1 whereigo cache

I have also been waymarking while i cache so here are the details there:
      
   I have found:
         2 mcdonalds
         1 mountain bike trailheads
         1 windmill
         1 building buildings
         1 professional sports venue
         1 indoor mall
         1 movie theatre meals
         1 disney store
         1 satellite imagry oddities
         1 blogger

and have submitted:
         1 blogger
         1 exceptional tree
         1 kfc restaraunt
         1 coin operated children's ride

the other thing that has been peaking my curiosity is Letterboxing. I have yet to go out to find one of them hopefully this weekend.

Ok enough of the stats!


I have met some great friends through caching and went on some great adventures! From going out to dinner which turned into a ftf run and a night time caching expedition to getting a fun earthcache for my 100 to my first whereigo for a friends 500th. All in all Geocaching, Waymarking, and Letterboxing really get me out of the house (when i can) and moving.

As I am training for the Susan G Komen 3 day for a cure I am hoping to get out walking more and finding treasures along the way to keep me motivated  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kim! This is 2forlife and I just wanted to drop you a quick post and say best wishes and good luck with the Susan G Komen 3 day for a cure walk. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    My husband, Pursue The Path & I are fairly new to geocaching since May 17, this year and are sooo addicted it's not funny! Lately, we have been placing several hides here in the San Bernardino area of SoCal. We have 121 finds and a total of about 17 hides. Right now it's in the triple digits here so we do most of our caching in the evenings when its cooler.
    You have a very nice blog and I enjoyed my visit here this morning via my Google Geocaching Blog Alert E-mail.
    We also have a blog/Geocaching Blog, please visit and check it out sometime.
    http://www.pursuethepath.com/apps/blog/
    Wishing you and your family all the best and God Bless!
    2forlife

    ReplyDelete